Welcome to our visitors in the USA and around the world. To those of you who have purchased our products - Thank you. To those of you who are new to our website, we are honored and we Thank you. Freely take a tour of our website and view our rich assortment of healthy nail polishes and removers. Please make an informed decision to buy our products and then tell us about your experience. Share with your family, friends, and your favorite salon. Remember we are at your service, because you are so special and your health is our concern.
Motivation Quote "If we do not learn the lessons, we will continue to repeat the class."
NAIL CARE TIPS FOR EVERY DAY
BEAUTIFUL, NATURAL NAILS REQUIRE CARE AND PROPER MANICURING. A SHORTISH NAIL THAT IS STRAIGHT ACROSS THE TOP WITH ROUNDED EDGES IS THE CURRENT IN STYLE SHAPE. HERE ARE NAIL CARE TIPS FOR POLISHING YOUR NAILS SO THEY WILL LOOK BEAUTIFUL AND STAY LOOKING FRESH LONGER.
File nails when the white part of the nail tip has grown ¼” from the pink part of the nail. Filing nails before the nail is ¼” long can weaken the nail. Allowing the nail to grow to a length longer than the base pink nail length will be sure to make them break easily. Nail files from side to side would weaken nails. When filing, go from the corner to the center in one direction . Follow the groove on the side of your nail.
Buffing nails can give them a shinier finish. Start at the cuticle and work your way down to the tip with medium pressure . Do not use a back and forth movement as heat builds up and this can damage your nails. Continue lightly until all ridges on the nail surface have disappeared.
BE sure that nails are clean and dry, free of any oil or lotion, before applying polish. Remove any old polish from nails.
Always use base coat and let it dry for at least 1 minute . The base coat helps to keep nail polish from chipping and makes polish last longer.
Apply two coats of polish. You should be able to cover the nail in three stokes , one on each side and then one in the middle.
Always allow your polish to dry thoroughly for several minutes before you apply the next coat. This will avoid the new coat from dragging on the surface of the previous coat and allow the next layer to adhere better. Darker shades take longer to dry. Avoid fast drying polish. It does not last as long.
TOP COAT :
ONCE your nail polish has dried, apply a clear top coat to seal it. Continue to apply the top coat daily to keep nails looking fresher longer. Remove with a nail polish remover that is acetone-free .
Dr.'s Remedy Enriched Nail Polish is free of the following chemicals:
- dibutyl phthalate (DBP): A specific phthalate, common in nail polish to prevent chipping and add shine, that studies have shown can interfere with normal hormone balance, can cause severe birth defects, and is a suspected carcinogen. Phthalates have also been shown to cause liver, kidney, lung, and reproductive system damage, and the production of phthalates pollutes the air, water, and soil.
- formaldehyde: Used as a preservative in some nail polishes, formaldehyde is one of the world's most hazardous compounds to both ecosystems and health, according to the Environmental Defense Scorecard, and is a known carcinogen.
- toluene: Used to give nail polish its fluid quality and improve drying time, this solvent is absorbed easily by the body through the skin or inhalation, affecting the nervous system and causing depression, headaches, nausea, fatigue, and eye, nose, and throat irritation. Toluene has also been found to be toxic to the kidneys and liver and possibly a reproductive disruptor. Toluene is petroleum-based, so its production supports the pollution and greenhouse gases associated with petroleum production.
Dr's Remedy's Enriched Nail Polish contains the following natural compounds:
- Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca laterifolia) & Garlic Bulb Extract are naturally occurring anti-fungal and anti-bacterial ingredients. Tea Tree Oil is used externally for the skin. This oil has excellent supportive properties for the skin and helps to maintain nail health and integrity. Constituents of tea tree oil include 1,8-cineole, terpinen-4-ol, alpha-terpineol, and gamma-terpinen and Tea Tree Oil has been studied for its ability to support skin health and skin flora. (Satchell, A. C., Saurajen, A., Bell, C., and Barnetson, R. S. “Treatment of interdigital tinea pedis with 25% and 50% tea tree oil solution: A randomized, placebo-controlled, blinded study”. Australas.J Dermatol 2002;43(3):175-178.
- Vitamins C & E(as well other organic compounds) help to maintain strength and structure in both skin and nails. These vitamins function as antioxidants, which are substances that help prevent damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are byproducts of sunlight, smoking, and pollution, for example. Vitamin C is also important in maintaining nail growth. Fungal infections of nails leading to nail problems are much harder to treat than other nail conditions. The remedy of vitamins C and E leads to increased immunity which can aid the body in fighting infections thus decreasing the chance of the fungal infections for example which may cause other nail problems.
- Wheat Protein contains amino acids (the building blocks of proteins) to naturally increase shine. This protein also enriches healthy nails for strength and elasticity.
IS ULTRA VIOLET LIGHT USED TO DRY YOUR NAIL POLISH DANGEROUS?
According to the latest research, the frequent use of ultra violet light to dry nail polish may cause skin cancer.
Our Advice: Dry your nail polish at room temperature.
Reference: UV Risk After A Manicure - NYTimes.com 8/2/2010
IS ACETONE, THE MAIN INGREDIENT IN TRADITIONAL NAIL POLISH REMOVER TOXIC?
The answer is YES. Although, acetone is a naturally occuring compound in our bodies, long term exposure to the fumes from acetone containing nail polish remover should be avoided by children, pregnant women and nursing mothers due to their bodies propensity to naturally increase acetone production due to higher energy requirements.
Our advice: Use Dr’s Remedy’s remover as an alternative. It is acetone free, contains non-toxic ingredients, and it is enriched with natural elements such as (tea-tree oil, garlic bulb extract, wheat protein and vitamin C and E.) These ingredients strengthen and protect your nails. Also, acetone free removers are ideal for those who tend to have dry and brittle nails. SO, GET ONE NOW!
Note: All products (acetone and non-acetone) should be used in well ventilated areas.